Monday, January 08, 2001

As I said yesterday, I'll see Guilty as Charged on video eventually, but I read the write-up on it. From what I read, was it full of surprises? Yes.


Will any of those surprises help the company overall? No.


I'm pulling a different view from that of Rick Scaia of Online Onslaught fame. As I pointed out yesterday, the promotion is far behind on paying workers. They've lost promotional markets, so the money coming in will be lower.


Rob Van Dam and Chris Chetti coming back are cool from a fan viewpoint... but they also mean two more paychecks that'll be behind. Will the two bring in enough extra revenue to fix that? In a perfect world, maybe... but this isn't a perfect world.


Add to that Rhino winning the World title... here's a typical Rhino match: his opponent outwrestles him, showing tremendous heart and skill. He no-sells everything. He gores (spears) them. Pin. Win. Match over.


If that isn't more dull than the typical Goldberg squash, then I don't know what is.


So, Guilty as Charged this year should have a new name: Business Bad As Usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home