Friday, December 22, 2000

Happy holidays to all my readers!


In one of the sheets, I read that New Jack has announced his retirement from wrestling.


On the one hand, I'm glad that he's leaving rather than killing himself with some of his spots in the ring. This guy has hit some of the craziest, most suicidal high spots in wrestling.


On the other hand, I'd be lying if I said I won't miss what has become an ECW staple (or staple-gun. Take your pick): the "plunda sequence". It was always fun to see what new item he used next.


He was one of the featured wrestlers in the Beyond the Mat film. Essentially, he's a guy who came to wrestling from a rough past. In many ways, his gangsta character came from that background.


I wish him luck in his post-wrestling life, and hope he stays on the straight and narrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home