Friday, March 12, 2004

Smackdown! was an effective tease toward Wrestlemania in my book.


From the matches the brand is providing, it's hard to guess who'll go over. Both John Cena and Big Show dominated their matches, so it's hard to figure which one will win. I have a hunch that Cena won't win yet though; he's super over with the fans, but I don't quite think he's ready for a title run just yet.


Likewise Eddie's World title defense. True, he came off as dominent... but without a direct physical confrontation with Kurt Angle. I'm hoping Eddie wins, but your guess is as good as mine.


There's no clean winner for the Cruiserweight open yet, but they were really effective in building it up. My only gripe: Funaki, often a JTTS (and Albert) is in it, but very talented Paul London isn't. Why, I don't know.


The big question mark right now is like Monday Lesnar / Goldberg. Many people are reporting that Brock is leaving after 'mania too, but with his reported desire of trying football - a sport he's never been involved in - I'm not jumping the gun, in case it was more a matter of working us all.


Allegedly he and Rena Mero are now an item. Why do I keep picturing Brock now in the Dustin Hoffmann role in The Graduate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home