Monday, August 30, 2004

RAW surprised me tonight: I think this was the first episode in a long time I didn't fall asleep on!


There were a few things that upset me (Randy Orton's new generic music, Kane bringing out fake Matt Hardys, all physical jokes) but there was a lot of good stuff.


It goes without saying that the actual wrestling was a major plus. What matches didn't have the highest workrate still told stories to lead toward Unforgiven.


I'm a little disappointed how Shawn Michaels' return is being written in (tying into the Lita-Kane crap instead of having him directly come after Kane for what he did), but they've slotted him into a match with some weight behind it.


I also liked the Highlight Reel. Edge's potential heel turn is still being slowly built to, and the return of Christian showed a logical growth from storylines, and can add another feud for Jericho.


I think it was less than a year ago I was railing about how bad RAW was. I'm glad they've improved - and compared to last week, they stepped up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home