Sunday, October 01, 2000

I won't be able to give a critique of ECW's Anarchy Rulz PPV after it happens tonight; I spent a large part of the day packing and de-junking my apartment, and going to see the event afterwards would make for two weeks in a row that I went to bed very late the night before work... so it'll wait.


What I can comment on though, was the first episode of WWF Sunday Night Heat that aired on MTV this evening... we get it here in Canada from a different network.


You can't judge an entire show from a single episode, but the show I saw will need a lot of improvement to be considered good.


Right off, I'd say to ditch the MTV hosts. DJ Scribble and Rebecca Budnig just don't add anything worthwhile. Just having them there to whoop with the crowd really feels mindless. I don't get any sense that they even know anything about wrestling; they act as if they're just hosting something like TRL.


On the match end, Steven Regal was about as exciting in his debut match as he was with Droz his last time in 1999. That is to say he was still dull. He's a solid worker, very knowledgable in technical wrestling. He just doesn't seem to have the 'sizzle' to his ring work that fans expect these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home