Thursday, November 04, 2004

WWE has now cut many more people from their roster. All the cuts have been done by a guy named John Laurianitis. In some cases, they've been slimy cuts along the line of Bret Hart's firing from WCW after he was injured.


The latest cuts: Rodney Mack, Jazz, Johnny Stamboli, Gail Kim, Chuck Palumbo, Nidia and Rico.


(Looks like my quip about Palumbo in danger was actually prophetic!)


Let me see: they cut Rodney Mack, not really a loss... but this is the guy they laid off D-Lo Brown for? A double waste!


Both Johnny Stamboli and Chuck Palumbo gone... first of all, why did they bother trading Palumbo and A-Train to RAW if they were just going to bury them and ultimately fire them? Secondly: now Nunzio is the only member of the former F.B.I. left. The fed doesn't seem to have any interesting plans for him; I'm worried his continuing job prospects are shaky too.


Gail, Nidia and Rico: three extremely talented performers, three wasted talents.


Jazz just never really caught on with fans. The whole "I'm too tough to be a Diva" gimmick just wore thin.


Both A-Train and Test are guys coming back from injury. Nothing like a pinkslip to aid recovery along, eh? I didn't enjoy either guy in the ring, but I don't like how they were released.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home