Monday, August 04, 2003

Ouch. I missed an entire week of comments! I was a bit under the weather, but I'm feeling better now. Thus, even though RAW is on in a few hours, I'll talk about it here... and then Smackdown! in the next post. I know the reviews will be in reverse, but at least they'll be out there.


I felt that last week's RAW was a pretty lackluster affair. The fact that it included "feuds" from Heat (the quotes because each was a single match) made for very uninteresting TV. Did we care about Garison (Lance) Cade and Mark Jindrak trying for the tag team titles? Nope. They seemed like a jobber team facing La Resistance. All it did for me is to showcase how dull in the ring my fellow Quebecois are. Did we care about Val Venis defeating KweeWeeco? Again: nope.


By far the biggest crime was the womens' title match. Molly Holly is now a 2-time champion, but with no real build up, we care about as much as we did when Gail Kim won it in the first place: not at all.


The Kane / Shane McMahon spot set-up another possible McMahon vs. McMahon feud. Even though it's on a different brand, I hope not. I'm sick of seeing Vince in any capacity but off-screen.


So what we had was a real throwaway show. Let us see if they do better this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home