Thursday, June 19, 2003

Tonight's episode of Smackdown! drove a point home to me that's been simmering for a few weeks: as an on-screen character, Vince McMahon has to go. Not for a few months to give viewers a breather; he has to leave - period.


His actions toward Zack Gowen haven't just been in keeping with his heel persona - they've been downright offensive. It may be common for heels to use anything as a target for their venom - but kicking a leg out from a one-legged man, making fun of a disability, laughing at reserved parking spaces... these are just very low and in very poor taste.


I may be more sensitive to it since I'm disabled myself. I'm not missing a limb, but I get around on canes. McMahon's actions leave me tempted to bash him with one.


At this point, I think we've had way too much exposure to Vince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home