Monday, January 20, 2003

The Royal Rumble this year was mostly a good affair.


Triple-H retained his title by disqualification - something that didn't go over well with the fans - but I guess it's just as well. The match was better than expected, but it was easy to see how tired out Scott Steiner was in the end.


I could see a rematch having a no-DQ stipulation from this.


Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit had the five-star match we all expected. Lots of false finishes, chain and counter-wrestling... even though the title didn't change hands, the fans gave Benoit a standing ovation in the end.


The Rumble match itself was very interesting. Shawn Michaels was both the first entrant and the first one out. Albert lasted much longer than he deserved, but I think I also noticed something: he looks like he's gained a lot of weight. Not muscle - fat.


Overall though, I enjoyed this card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home