Saturday, June 29, 2002

I haven't posted here since early Monday morning. Sorry about that - the heat has really been getting to me.


I'll post my thoughts on most of the week of wrestling. As a result of the delay, much of it will already be staledated:



  • Brock Lesnar not winning the IC title from RVD thanks to disqualification was a good choice. He's still too much of a rookie to deserve the strap, and a DQ loss keeps his push going.


  • Are they trying now to make the nWo faces against Vince McMahon?


  • It seems that Vince Russo was hired back to keep his Tell All book from going to press. His first set of ideas were roundly veto'd, and while he's still on the payroll, it isn't on the creative team.


  • For what it's worth, I think that Chris Jericho went overboard in his attack on Internet pundits - but I do think the ones he was upset with specifically deserve contempt.


  • John "Prototype" Cena debuted on Smackdown! solidly, but he didn't show any real sizzle to me. That will hopefully change.


  • Am I imagining, or did Adam "Edge" Copeland hit heavy steroids again before returning? He looked bigger yet again.

See you all after the Diva's special tonight, following Velocity and Confidential. Why TNN was worried the content would be too racy when they're airing a Pamela Anderson week puzzles me. Then again, take away wrestling and Star Trek and you still have a network devoted to hick stereotypes (huntin' and fishin' and Monster trucks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home