Monday, March 18, 2002

Wrestlemania is now done by at least an 8-hour stretch... and I have to admit that while it wasn't the best, it wasn't that bad. Before the show, I remembered that X-7 looked pretty lame on paper too...


One small negative bit: I hope Saliva haven't given Triple H a new theme here... their new song lacked serious good vibes for the show.


While I still thgink the "24/7" rules for the Hardcore title make the matches too chaotic and don't sell a cohesive story, the Hurricane's swing in by rope to win the title was hilarious... and with Mighty Molly now a former Hardcore champ, all the wrestling Holly's have now held the belt!


Hulk Hogan getting a huge pop in Toronto was... well, weird. That he lost cleanly to the Rock wasn't a bad thing (to quote DDP), it was a good thing... but with both he and Scott Hall losing the entire nWo angle is hurting now, so soon after it debut'd... Hogan as a face now makes sense for this as his "farewell tour"... but I suspect Rock joining the faction tonight on RAW. I was expecting it last night, it looked like it'd happen in the ring - but since I'll be at RAW here in Montreal tonight, I'll see if this prediction comes true.


(Plus, I'll be crowing just about being there!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home