Wednesday, July 18, 2001

Now that I'm back online, I have to acknowledge the death of Terry "Bamm Bamm" Gordy in a hotel this past Monday.


Texas wrestling never made it to Montreal, so I never saw The Freebirds except in magazine photos. I also saw them in a cameo match at the start of the original Highlander movie.


Terry carved a new legend with Steve "Dr. Death" Williams in Japan, as a dominant gaijin tag-team. They came to WCW to feud with the Steiners, but I wasn't much into mat wrestling then, so they failed to impress me.


Terry was a troubled man, hooked on strong narcotics. He OD'd in 1994; doctors managed to ressesutate him, but he suffered major brain damage as a result. The Gordy we saw from then on wasn't even a fraction of his past reputation.


Sadly, I think the drugs were a major cause of his death; he was only 40 years old.


Terry Gordy

1961 - 2001

RIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home