Monday, October 23, 2000

I didn't have time to say this after No Mercy last night, as I got home with the necessity to get to sleep for work the next day. Still, to paraphrase Jim Ross:


THE ROCK LOST!

THE ROCK LOST!

THE ROCK LOST!


Ahem. Sorry, I'm back now. As I've stated here before, I've grown to be fed up with Dwayne "The Rock" as World Champion. In Hulk Hogan fashion, he's taken a major beating from an opponent, then pulled a miraculous recovery to a contrived win, for way too long. It made for dull, predictable matches.


Kurt Angle winning the World strap was a surprise; I think he's one of the rare rookies who won it in their first year in the ring (I think Goldberg was the only other). Add that to X-Pac's first good match this year (thanks to the major bumps he took on the cage), and there's enough good to outweigh the mediocre on this event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home